easyubuntu also for edgy?

Ouattara Oumar Aziz wattazoum at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 17:13:51 UTC 2006

Luqman a écrit :
> I would like to install multimedia capabilities in edgy (mp3, mpeg4,
> divx etc..). In Dapper, I used easyubuntu. But easyubuntu support Edgy
> aswell?
>
> Thanks,

I don't want to launch a troll so everyone, please don't start a big
discussion about EasyUbuntu and Automatix

Well, to answer your question :

1. there is no official version of easyUbuntu actually compatible with
Edgy. But you can modify the last version to work with it ( but very
experimental ). I attached a script that will do it .
well, personally I don't use easyubuntu and that way of doing is quite
... "dangerous"

2. I use automatix http://getautomatix.com/wiki/index.php?title=Installation
There is a lot of discussion about the stability of that software but I
never got any problem with it so far (12 system installation)

Make your choice. ^^