[Edgy] Thuderbird. I Can't create IMAP folders.

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Thu Nov 30 13:43:23 UTC 2006

Jaime Davila wrote:

> Scott wrote:
>> I'm not sure when this popped up (maybe 1.5.0.7 - I'm now in 1.5.0.8)
>> but I'm unable to create any IMAP folders.  This hasn't been a problem
>> till the past month or so.
>>
>> My only workaround has been to switch to another MUA long enough to
>> create the folder (I've done it in both Evolution and Kmail with no
>> trouble).
>>
>> And to be sure some extension wasn't the source of the problem, I've run
>> Thunderbird in safe mode and the problem persists.
>>
>> Has anyone else run into this?
>
> Not I. I'm running the most recent release of TB from the ubuntu repos,
> and IMAP works fine (including creating folders).

I'd say it's almost certainly an IMAP server-client communication
configuration problem.  I had similar problems when I switched from Courier
to Dovecot for IMAP, and the default namespace needed to be reconfigured in
KMail.  I can't really recall what I did, but that's the place to start
looking.
--
derek