ubuntu Mirror - problem with syncing

Ram Akuka rama at co.zahav.net.il
Thu Nov 30 07:22:49 UTC 2006

HI,

I don't know if this is the right mailing list , but I will try.

I am trying to configure a new mirror for ubuntu using rsync , I already
have a mirror server running for freebsd, netbsd openbsd and debian so I
want to add the ubuntu package also.

after configuring it using some script that I found over ubuntu forum, I
ran the first sync - in the begging Everything went well , but once in a
while its stop giving me this error:

rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 4092 bytes: phase "unknown"
[generator]: Broken pipe (32)

rsync: read error: Connection reset by peer (54)

rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(1108)

rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(593)

Could not rsync rsync://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu, second stage

And I have to restart the rsync script .

Is there any know problem with archive.ubuntu.com ?

Like I said I already have several other mirror on that server so the
problem in probably  not in my server.

Please advice

Ram