Does Ubuntu require special drivers?

Peter Boholdt boholdt at runbox.com
Wed Nov 29 22:56:15 UTC 2006

Thank you for your reply and for sharing your knowledge.

I do apologize for not taking the threaded mail reader aspect into consideration when first sending mails to this list. I've duly noted your comments and will act accordingly in the future.

My notebook is an Acer Aspire 3620 (3628A) and I'd be thrilled to hear from users who have had experiences running Ubuntu on this.

Thanks to David Retall, Richard Ibbotson and Mario who were kind enough to answer my enquiry.

Regards,
Peter