Nautilus "Error not on the same filesystem" problem.

David Holden dvdhldn at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 17:54:59 UTC 2006

Does anyone know what the cause/solution is to the Nautilus filemanager
error

 Error "not on the same filesystem" while deleting "filename..." would you
like to continue

dialog is.

Basically I'm moving a file from my Desktop to another directory on the file
system.

This other directory is not in my home directory but I own it, its not NFS
mounted and I have full permissions on it.

When I try the same with Konqueror it works fine so I'm baffled.

 Thanks,

  Dave.