Scale a bunch of images at one time.

Kipton Moravec kip at kdream.com
Sun Nov 26 20:15:31 UTC 2006

I took a bunch of photographs of a vacation trip and want to make web
pages with the pictures. Fortunately or unfortunately the camera took
very high resolution pictures. Too high a resolution for a web page.

Playing around with GIMP Image editor I found if I scale the pictures
25% in the horizontal and vertical, I get a pretty good picture for my
web page. It is about 1/16 the original pixels, so it loads a lot
quicker and is the right size for the page.

Here is the problem. I have about 150 of these .jpg images in a
directory that I want to scale the same way. I have been renaming them
with an "s" appended to the original name (for small), but that is a
"nice to have" and not necessary.

Is there a way to scale all of of the pictures in one operation? How?
With what tool? Where is the documentation?

Thanks,
Kip
--
Kipton Moravec <kip at kdream.com>