ripping several hundred cds?

Colin Brace cb at lim.nl
Sun Nov 26 18:05:32 UTC 2006

On 11/26/06, Matt Price <matt.price at utoronto.ca> wrote:

> doing enough of these that I'd like to have as little user interaction
> as possible -- just shove in the cd, have it automatically rip to a
> specifed location, then eject and on to the next one.

Creating the ogg is one thing, you will also want you collection
properly tagged. Rippers like grip and k3b can grab the track info for
a large number of CDs from the cddb database, but the quality varies
greatly, depending on the genre. For some CDs, the track info will be
fine; for others, you will want to tweak it. This is time consuming
and there is no way around. You want proper tags because programs like
muine, rhythmbox, and Amarok depend on it.

HTH

--
  Colin Brace
  Amsterdam