Java JVM: GNU libgcj versus Sun

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Sat Nov 25 10:11:50 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-11-25 at 11:00 +0100, Adriano Varoli Piazza wrote:

> By not following planets and slashdot? I know of people who don't,
> even in "our sphere".

But it was such huge news, and it was everywhere. Even my regular daily
newspaper had a report. I guess there _are better things to do after
all, I might need to get out more :)

> I haven't read anything either, but I doubt they would do otherwise...

Exactly my thoughts

> It's just a matter of time, but why double the efforts if it's already
> GPL'd and there are no comparable alternatives? Are there? I don't
> know about the level of quality in Blackdown or gcj compared to the
> official sun javac.

I am not a java expert in any way, all I can say is that Azureus runs
faster on Sun's than on gcj :)

> Sorry for the misunderstanding.

No problem, have a nice day,
Mario