installing edgy without running ubuntu live

MICHAEL WEAVER michaelweaver1 at btinternet.com
Sat Nov 25 06:00:38 UTC 2006

Is there a way of installing Edgy without running it as Live even if I
have to do it without speech?
I want to know because I can't get speech when running Ubuntu as Live on
my Laptop and I have a feeling it could be because of the lack of
processor speed when running Edgy as Live and I am wondering if this
could be affecting installing it as well so is there a way of putting in
the CD and chosing to install rather than booting into Ubuntu?