Conventions? choice of install directory?

Tchize tchize at myrealbox.com
Fri Nov 24 11:07:19 UTC 2006

Did you check that /RealPlayer10GOLD.bin has the execute flag set?

chmod u+x RealPlayer10GOLD.bin

To the contrary of windows, the fact a file can be executed or not does
not depend on it's extension but on it being flagged as executable. When
you download files from the net, they are saved without execution flag.

example:
delbd at cal-12:/tmp/example$ chmod u+x executable
delbd at cal-12:/tmp/example$ ls -l
total 0
-rwxr--r-- 1 delbd delbd 0 Nov 24 12:05 executable
-rw-r--r-- 1 delbd delbd 0 Nov 24 12:05 notexecutable