rename through gui

beinan li li.beinan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 00:33:13 UTC 2006

Hi, big problem:

My machine: AMD 64 Desktop
Locale: Chinese Simplified, with SCIM installed (default language: English,
            installed language pack Chinese Simplified).
Desktop: GNOME

Syndrome 1:
Whenever I create a folder under GNOME and would like to name it by type
in the name, it seems that no keyboard response is received and I'll have to
rename it under Terminal.

Syndrome 2:
When gEdit is in use, sometimes the mouse cursor disappears
and I can't input Chinese

I wonder whether these are incompatibility of SCIM and GTK,
but if I try to uninstall SCIM, i was always asked to remove GNOME-desktop
as a whole...

Any ideas? This has been driving me crazy!!

Thank you.

Beinan