When will we have a clipboard that works?

ruscook ruscook_oz at yahoo.com.au
Thu Nov 23 06:19:45 UTC 2006

I found I could not cut and paste between open office spreadsheet and
Abiword.

I would expect the clipboard to be managed by the window manager and
therefore be application independent.

It seems we still have a ways to go in this regards.

On Thu, 2006-11-23 at 06:48 +0100, Mario Vukelic wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-11-22 at 22:11 -0500, Marc Deslauriers wrote:
> > Works for me. I open gedit, select a line of text, copy it to the
> > clipboard, close gedit, and I can paste it anywhere.
>
> Some apps are buggy in this regard. E.g., if you Ctrl+C some text in an
> Evolution composer window, discard the window and try to Ctrl+V anywhere
> else it does not work. This started during the Dapper dev cycle. but in
> in Launchpad, but still not fixed in Edgy

Kind Regards Russell
www.windsorcycles.com.au
sales at windsorcycles.com.au
ph. 02 4577 3209