When will we have a clipboard that works?

Adriano Varoli Piazza moranar at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 17:08:59 UTC 2006

On 11/22/06, Erik Christiansen <erik at dd.nec.com.au> wrote:
> If firefox had a "Clear" button on the url window, the problem would go
> away. (I just looked up how to start ooffice, and tried a paste to it.
> That's OK, because insert is fine there.)
>
> A firefox fix would be enough, I think. :-))

I use Epiphany, and to work around the problem (and for other reasons,
too) I just made my homepage the empty page, so when I open a new tab
I can directly paste into it. I like having both ways of using
copy-paste, and I seem to recall the "close the app, lose the
selection" is no longer a problem if you use Ctrl-C/X, Ctrl-V.

But to each its own, certainly. I find myself middle-clicking in
Windows, and it annoys me that it "doesn't work".

--
Adriano Varoli Piazza
The Inside Out: http://moranar.com.ar
MSN - GTalk - Jabber: moranar at gmail.com