Connecting to MSN

Keith Powell keith at keithg4jvx.force9.co.uk
Wed Nov 22 10:56:14 UTC 2006

Both our daughters are on to me to get a web cam, so that my wife and
I can regularly chat to them over the internet. They want to be able
to both see us and hear us!

But they are running WindowsXP and the MSN protocol, which they
already use to chat with each other.

I am trying to find a program, Gnome or KDE, which has the MSN
protocol and uses a web cam and a microphone. The nearest I have
found is kopete, but that uses a keyboard, not a microphone.

Alternatively, and here I am showing my ignorance as to if it is
possible, is there an additional program which would change, say, the
Ekiga's H323 to MSN?

Has anyone any ideas, please?

As a last resort, I could boot-up into Windows, but would rather be
able to use Linux. I run Windows as little as possible!

Many thanks

Keith