opinions about MS Vista

Joel Bryan Juliano joelbryan.juliano at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 07:52:41 UTC 2006

On 11/22/06, Mustafa Ozkaynak <mozkaynak at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I just received an email from a friend (Actually he is a windows lover).
> He attended a session organized by Microsoft to introduce the most recent
> OS.
> Some of the shining stuff he mentioned about the Vista is as follows:
>
> 1. Advance sleeping mode. computer can switch mode in 1 second and come
> back in 2 seconds
> 2. GPO, you can schedule your computer so it switches on automatically at
> a specified time.
> 3. Superfetch: softwares can work at background and when they are needed
> they come back to foreground  in very short time. so there is almost  no
> 4. USB drivers can be use as an extention to RAM
> 5. BitLocker security system. The data in the system is encrypted  with a
> BIOS information so the Harddisk can not be read on any other computer.
> 6. Built in advance "getting image of HD software" such as ghost.
> 7. XPS Document Printer. Iexplorer can show all kinds of documents without
> any extra software (e.g. you can see pdf files without Acrobat).
> 8. Advance search engine for the harddisk
> 9. Advance recovery system (Windows Recovery Environment)
> 10 You can define some specific events and copy these events to another
> computer easily (Mac does this for a while with automator).
>
> What do you guys think about those. I am happy with my OS (Dappler Drake)
> but these features look pretty promising

That is because someone out there got lot's of money to spend on R&D. But
hey!, supporting Linux and using it till it gains massive market share like
windows will primarily solve alot of Linux's problems and would provide the
same or even better neighborhood's bling bling and toys.

--
Don't let your future genes deteriorate..