how bad will I hose my system if I upgrade to libsqlite 3.0 to 3.3.8?

Matt Price matt.price at utoronto.ca
Wed Nov 22 03:34:53 UTC 2006

Hi folks,

I am trying to get my ubuntu laptop to speak to my cell phone, and sync
with my evolution address book.  since I have a cheap motorola phone
with bluetooth, multisync/opensync seemsto be the only option (gnokii is
interesting but doesn't really seem to have any sync tools built in --
am I wrong?).

anyway the version of multisync/opensync in edgy is way out of date --
multisync, for instance, is 0.82, while Debian Sid has version 0.90.
anyway I'd like to update to the debian version but it depends on
libsqlite3 >= 3.3.8, while the version iin  edgy is 3.3.5.  soooo... I'm
wondering:  how badly will I screw up my system if I attempt this
upgrade?  I know sqlite is essential to all kinds of things, including
bogofilter, zotero, a bunch of other things -- does anyone know the
consequences of this kind of minor-number upgrade?

thanks for the help!

matt

--
Matt Price