opinions about MS Vista

Mustafa Ozkaynak mozkaynak at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 21:38:13 UTC 2006

Hi all,
I just received an email from a friend (Actually he is a windows lover). He
attended a session organized by Microsoft to introduce the most recent OS.
Some of the shining stuff he mentioned about the Vista is as follows:

1. Advance sleeping mode. computer can switch mode in 1 second and come back
in 2 seconds
2. GPO, you can schedule your computer so it switches on automatically at a
specified time.
3. Superfetch: softwares can work at background and when they are needed
they come back to foreground  in very short time. so there is almost  no
4. USB drivers can be use as an extention to RAM
5. BitLocker security system. The data in the system is encrypted  with a
BIOS information so the Harddisk can not be read on any other computer.
6. Built in advance "getting image of HD software" such as ghost.
7. XPS Document Printer. Iexplorer can show all kinds of documents without
any extra software (e.g. you can see pdf files without Acrobat).
8. Advance search engine for the harddisk
9. Advance recovery system (Windows Recovery Environment)
10 You can define some specific events and copy these events to another
computer easily (Mac does this for a while with automator).

What do you guys think about those. I am happy with my OS (Dappler Drake)
but these features look pretty promising

--
Mustafa Ozkaynak