ISO date locale

Claudio Clemens asturiolists at gmx.net
Tue Nov 21 20:29:05 UTC 2006

2006-11-20, 11:16 +0000, Pupeno:
> On Sun, 2006-11-19 at 07:13 +0100, Thilo Six wrote:
> > Pupeno wrote the following on 19.11.2006 06:46:
> > > Hello,
> > > Is there some locale that will give me ISO dates ? like YYYY-MM-DD ? I
> > > also would like to have the period "." as decimal separator, metric
> > > measurements (millimeters, centimeters, meters, A4 for paper, etc).
> > > How do I achieve this ?
> > > Thanks.
> >
> > It depends on where you would like to set the locale (bash, gnome, kde..).
> >
> > But generally
> > $ sudo gnome-language-selector
> >
> > is a good starting point.
>
> That only lets me install new languages and choose a default one, it
> probably affects the locale, but it doesn't even let me set the
> location. At any rate, my problem is that I don't even know what locale
> to pick.

I don't know if that is what you want, but "date -I" will give you your
date.

If there is a locale with all the requirements you want, I don't know.
but you can try using diferent LC_* variables toreach your goal.

You can try looking in /usr/lib/locale (there are only binary files, but
they must be generated somehow).

You can also take a try with en_IN.

HTH,

Claudio

--
+- .''`. ---| Dipl.-Inf. Univ. Claudio Clemens |------| Sarge |-------+
| : :' :      asturio at gmx (.) net           GNU/Linux User #79942  |