Getting rid of the startup splash screen (Edgy)

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Tue Nov 21 18:27:24 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-21 at 17:45 +0800, Wei-Yee Chan wrote:
> Well, that's if I remember to do that when an upgrade comes along -
> I'm inclined to think that I won't. :-)

1. It is always a good idea to read and follow the upgrade docs on
help.ubuntu.com anyway, since each upgrade has different issues that
will be explained there. And the upgrade docs will remind you to install
ubuntu-desktop
2. When you upgrade the recommended way with the Update Manager, it will
take care of that for you automatically