using Edgy _and_ Feisty repos

Duncan Lithgow duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk
Mon Nov 20 15:42:41 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-11-19 at 17:52 +0000, Alan Pope wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 19, 2006 at 06:45:26PM +0100, Mihamina Rakotomandimby wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I intend to be on the bleeding edge.
> > I use Edgy at the moment.
> > I would like to know what danger could I bring to my system if I add
> > Feisty repos to my sources.list, near the Edgy's ones.
Sounds like a bad idea blending repos. Maybe it'd be better to go the
way I have.

- make sure all installed systems have /boot as part of the main
install, not in MBR, and if you have windows, make it re-create MBR
- install edgy with /boot in it, and do dist-upgrade.
- install GAG to choose which system to start.

Duncan

--
Linux user: 372812 | GPG key ID: 21A8C63A | http://lithgow-schmidt.dk