Getting rid of the startup splash screen (Edgy)

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Mon Nov 20 13:12:17 UTC 2006

sdavmor wrote:

> I'd like to get rid of the graphic "Ubuntu" spash screen on boot
> so I can see all the drivers and services loading as a laundry
> list, just like on my 7 year old Red Hat.  Where do I go to fix
> this?

Please, it's not "fix" :-)  There's nothing broken.  If you don't want a
splash screen, just remove the "splash" option in the grub menu.lst - or
remove the "*splashimages" package, which is probably what's providing the
splash (there's a kubuntu-grub-splashimages and grub-splashimages - the
former provides _my_ splash, so I'm guessing the latter is the default
Ubuntu one).
--
derek