ClamAv: is anyone paying attention?

Scott geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com
Mon Nov 20 09:22:20 UTC 2006

On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 20:40:54 -0300, "Renaud (Ron) Olgiati"
<renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org> spake thusly:

> On Saturday 18 November 2006 18:19, my mailbox was graced by a missive
>  from Mario Vukelic <mario.vukelic at dantian.org> who wrote:
>
>> Just to make one thing clear: ClamAv is there to enable a linux mail
>> server to protect Windows users from Windows viruses.
>>
>> AFAIK all GNU/Linux viruses were proof-of-concept and none is in the
>> wild. Yes, theoretically GNU/Linux is vulnerable and diligence should be
>> used. But GNU/Linux viruses are not the reason for ClamAvs existence or
>> use.
>
> Is there, out in the wide open world, an anti virus program for Linux viruses
> (virii ?) ?
>
> I'm asking, because I have a potential user who wont accept an installation
> without anti-virus.

Well Panda DesktopSecure is in the Canonical commerical repository.

http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu/pool/main/d/desktopsecure/desktopsecure_1.00.01-0ubuntu2_i386.deb

f-prot (f-prot-installer) is in multiverse

Then there's.....

BitDefender:  http://tinyurl.com/ydun6v (or
http://preview.tinyurl.com/ydun6v if you prefer).

Kaspersky:
http://www.kaspersky.com/anti-virus_linux_file_server_and_workstation

McAfee
http://tinyurl.com/qork9  (or http://preview.tinyurl.com/qork9 if you
prefer).

F-Secure
http://www.f-secure.com/products/fsavcsl.html

AntiVir
http://www.free-av.com/

I'm probably missing a few more but that's a nice list dontcha think? :-)

--
	Scott
http://angrykeyboarder.com