Delete files from a CD-RW

Andy stude.list at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 19 13:51:34 UTC 2006

If files can not be erased can't the software emulate it?
Simply silently reading all the files off the disc, removing the
unwanted files, erase the disc and write back all the files the person
wanted to keep?

I tried erasing my CD-RW with k3b, it printed several errors saying
/dev/hdac (my CD drive) was busy.
Dropped to command line and unmounted the drive, worked fine. Bit of a
pain to be using a nice GUI but I have to unmount the drive on the
command line, oh well the disc is now blanked so I can put new stuff
on it.

To erase a file I guess I have to copy the files off the CD, erase the
disc and then copy all the ones I wanted to keep back again.

Andy

--
DRM: Digital Restrictions Management -- learn about the dangers at