Uninstalling KDE on Dapper

Eamonn Sullivan eamonn.sullivan at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 09:40:05 UTC 2006

On 11/19/06, Nikolai <psalmos at swissinfo.org> wrote:
> I installed KDE on a Ubuntu 6.06 system to see if I'll lake it. I
> didn't. I would like to get rid of it, I first tried Synaptic to
> uninstall kubuntu-desktop but it told me it will only uninstall one
> package (kubuntu-deskop) while I want to get rid of everything that KDE
> installed. Is this possible and if yes, how?

I recently had to do the same thing on two PCs. The easiest way I
found was to use Synaptic and uninstall whatever version of kdelibs
you have. I use Edgy, so have a different one. Just search for kdelibs
and remove whatever one is installed. Uninstalling that package will
take out almost everything KDE-related with it. After that, I searched
for just "kde" and removed a few other data packages that were still
there. I needed to keep a few QT libs for some applications, such as
Skype.

-Eamonn