ClamAv: is anyone paying attention?

Renaud (Ron) Olgiati renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org
Sat Nov 18 23:40:54 UTC 2006

On Saturday 18 November 2006 18:19, my mailbox was graced by a missive
 from Mario Vukelic <mario.vukelic at dantian.org> who wrote:

> Just to make one thing clear: ClamAv is there to enable a linux mail
> server to protect Windows users from Windows viruses.
>
> AFAIK all GNU/Linux viruses were proof-of-concept and none is in the
> wild. Yes, theoretically GNU/Linux is vulnerable and diligence should be
> used. But GNU/Linux viruses are not the reason for ClamAvs existence or
> use.

Is there, out in the wide open world, an anti virus program for Linux viruses
(virii ?) ?

I'm asking, because I have a potential user who wont accept an installation
without anti-virus.

Cheers,

Ron.
--
       Education is learning what you didn't even know you didn't know.
                                                  -- Daniel J. Boorstin