Giving up on Edgy

Thilo Six T.Six at gmx.de
Sat Nov 18 16:29:11 UTC 2006

Michael Satterwhite wrote the following on 18.11.2006 16:49:
> I don't want to, but I'm going to have to give up on Ubuntu. Still no
> sound - although several people have tried to help and I do thank you.
> Much worse is the "Out of Range" error that appears on some boots. If I
> log off my system and leave the machine up (for background backups,
> etc), at some point it will crash with either a black screen or an "Out
> of Range". This is whether I'm in kdm or gdm.
>
> I really like Ubuntu, but the latest release shouldn't have been
> released, it wasn't ready. Googling around the net, the "Out of Range"
> error I described was known before the release. There is no excuse for a
> release with a problem of that magnitude outstanding.

You have read:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-announce/2006-April/000064.html

did you?

I think Edgy is what it was supposed to.
To be free to make a choice includes the possibility to take the wrong
choice.
You have choosen to use Edgy and have been told it could be risky looong
before that.

bye Thilo