Ubuntu has corrupted my file !

David Coldrick coldrick at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 08:16:43 UTC 2006

Dunno that it helps, but I suspect that it was oOo that was the problem, not
Ubuntu or the file system: I've seen "General I/O error" before, with oOo
and StarOffice, on various platforms.

For all of that, I've lost files with PowerPoint: as well as regular
backups, if the file is important, I tend to do periodic saves as
"fred_1.{whatever}", "fred_2.{whatever}", etc. Can't trust these computer
thingies :-(

Sorry not to be more helpful.

Regards,
DAvid