changing desktops - Ubuntu => xfce

Scott geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com
Sat Nov 18 04:25:04 UTC 2006

Michael T. Richter spake thusly on 11/16/2006 11:26 PM:

>> > Install "xubuntu-desktop".  Don't uninstall "ubuntu-desktop".  Then you
>> > can have both worlds.  If you really want to go wild, install
>> > "kubuntu-desktop" as well and have K too.
>
>> And if you REALLY wanna party...
>> $sudo apt-get install xubuntu-desktop fluxbox blackbox fvwm gnustep
>> windowmaker afterstep icewm 9wm ion3 jwm amaterus larswm
>> matchbox-window-manager.......
>
> Yeah, but that's just silly.  :D

At one time I did have GNOME, KDE, XFCE, Blackbox, Fluxbox, icewm,
gnustep, windowmaker and fvwm-crystal installed at the same time.

I was just curious about most of them.  I still spent most of my time in
GNOME and KDE.

--
	Scott
http://angrykeyboarder.com