Ubuntu vs Debian for Enterprise Production Servers

GNU Linux gnubie at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 07:01:29 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-11-17 at 06:19 +0100, email.listen at googlemail.com wrote:

> In the moment I would say that using Ubuntu for Enterprise Production Servers
> is a no-no due to the missing security support for a lot of packages which
> are mostly used on servers.

Thank you for your inputs.

> This if you plan to set up the servers and do the support by yourself.

I'll be the one to install, administer and support the servers.  I'm not
new to GNU/Linux but I'm used with the RPM distributions.  Now that I
decided to shift to a Debian way, I am just confused on what
distribution shall I use for production - Debian or Ubuntu?  I just want
to have a less headache on my part on maintaining security update
packages.

Thank you once again.