Swap of 4 Gigs

Scott geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com
Thu Nov 16 12:05:52 UTC 2006

Raphael Schneider spake thusly on 11/16/2006 03:56 AM:
> On Thursday 16 November 2006 05:33, Guillermo Garron wrote:
>> Just because, i was planing to add another GIG to my system to make it
>> 2 Gig RAM and mantain the "rule" of having the swap doubles the RAM.
> I remember also the advice (some years ago) that the size of the swap
> partition should be twice the RAM installed. But one or two years ago I read
> that the size of the swap partition should be the size of RAM. See
> http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Partition/requirements.html#SwapSize
> for a description how to choose (and the max. size) the swap size.

I've read that your swap should be.....

		A) Twice your RAM
		B) 150% of your RAM
		C) Equal to your RAM.

Everybody seems to have their own opinion. I don't have my own at all.
But I've read all of the above.

Since I've got more HD space than I know what to do with, I let the
installer decide.   I have 2GB of RAM. When I installed Dapper it took 4
GB for swap.  When I later installed Edgy, it only wanted 3GB.

--
	Scott
http://angrykeyboarder.com