Eclipse + firefox = 100% CPU usage

Anthony Gardner cyclewood_ltd at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Nov 16 09:13:17 UTC 2006

I use Eclipse and Firefox at the same time alot.

Thing is, often, when I filck from Eclipse to FF (i.e in a different workspace), the CPU usage shhots up to 100% and I have to close / reopen FF.

I think it's sth to do with Java as Eclipse uses it heavily but I'm not sure how much FF relies on it.

Has anyone had similar experiences with these two products or switching between two applications that may / may not rely on Java and have seen CPU usage shoot up?

I'm only trying to see if I'm alone in this and in the meantime, I'll do more investigation.

-Ants