smb kernel support

Adriano Varoli Piazza moranar at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 05:51:29 UTC 2006

On 11/16/06, Guillermo Garron <guillermo.fedora at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/16/06, David Symons <ubuntu at liberatedcomputing.net> wrote:
> > On 11/16/06, Guillermo Garron <guillermo.fedora at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I was wondering why my Ubuntu did not recognize my INTEL Hyper Threading micro.
> >
> > Hi Guillermo,
> >
> > For Dapper you'll need to install the linux-686-smp package.
> >
> > Cheers, Dave.
> Thank you Dave,
>
> seems easy, why it does not detect it automatically?
> is there a reason?
>
> regards,
> Guillermo.

It's very weird. On my Edgy, if I do uname -a I get
Linux edhellond.middleearth 2.6.17-10-generic #2 SMP
but cat /proc/cpuinfo gives me only one processor (as should be. This
is an Athlon XP, not a dual core or hyperthreaded micro). I thought
the -generic kernel installed by default in Edgy was out to solve this
kind of problems, wasn't it?

Saludos
--
Adriano Varoli Piazza