sony laptop and monitor out - resolution troubles

Gabriel Dragffy dragffy at yandex.ru
Tue Nov 14 15:15:17 UTC 2006

Hi,

The resolution of my laptop is a widescreen 1280x800 which I can achieve
using 915resolution. I also have an external LCD connected to it, which
has a standard aspect ratio.

However if I set the resolution at 1280x800 then the laptop is correct
but it can't all fit on to the external monitor.
If I use a standard aspect then the external is OK by the laptop screen
looks like junk.

Is there a way to get the best of both worlds? I really want to have my
cake and eat it.

Thank you,
Gabe