GLX Module and Edgy

Amichai Rotman amichai at iglu.org.il
Tue Nov 14 04:53:22 UTC 2006

Hi All,

I am having problems with GLX-enabled games. For instance, when I try to run
SearchAndRescue I get:

Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Warning: Unable to find glX, this is used for X and OpenGL communications.
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Unable to find a suitable X Visual.

Please verify that you have an X Visual suitable for OpenGL rendering
by running "xdpyinfo". Also note that defining multiple Visuals
may confuse the selection of a proper Visual (in which case try defining
only one Visual).

Your hardware may have a Visual that is not compatible with this program.
Search and Rescue triggered a segmentation fault.

And when I run, as suggested, xdpyinfo, I get:

[snip]

number of extensions:    28
    BIG-REQUESTS
    Composite
    DAMAGE
    DPMS
    Extended-Visual-Information
    MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
    MIT-SHM
    MIT-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD
    NV-CONTROL
    NV-GLX
    RANDR
    RENDER
    SECURITY
    SHAPE

[snip]

As you can see, the NV-GLX module is present.

I have the GLX module in the xorg.conf file.

I have an nVIDIA  TNT2  Model 64  AGP  card. While installing Edgy it said
something about the nvidia-legacy driver not fully supported...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

--

Amichai Rotman