File Server and Raid

Richard Brown rich at cregy.co.uk
Mon Nov 13 21:31:02 UTC 2006

Hi Guys

I have a system that I want to turn into a file server. It has two 250
gig hard drives. What I would like to do is to set-up one 250 gig with
boot 50 mb, swap 1 gb, root 10 gb and the rest for data. I would then
like to raid this to the second hard drive with raid 1 (mirror).

I know how to set-up the file server and hopefully will be able to get
the files loaded and set-up samba etc.... my confusion is when do you
set-up raid and how?

Any ideas or web sites that might help please?

Thanks.
--
Rich
http://www.cregy.co.uk