Dell B130 1470 WiFi card and Edgy

Lee McLain lee.mclain at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 21:03:28 UTC 2006

Hi everyone,

  I have a Dell B130 with a Dell 1470 wireless card in it.  I had the card
working perfectly under Dapper, but I have since reinstalled with Edgy and
now I can't get the card to work properly.

  I have used the bcm43xx-fwcutter process for Edgy that I used for Dapper
and it works only partially.  The card can see the available networks, but
it does not grab an IP address at all from any network.
  I ran the fwcutter and put the resulting files in both /lib/firmware and
/lib/firmware/{kernel version}, but still have no luck.
  I have been searching around the forums for answers, but most of them use
the ndiswrapper.  I really want to avoid using the ndiswrapper for several
reasons, mainly being I think that it's a clunky work-around. So please
don't bother with this "solution".
  The only other solutions I have found use the same process I used for
Dapper.  Any clues as to what the problem could be?

Thanks,
Lee