Ubuntu Serverm6.06 or 6.10

Matt Galvin mgalvin at ubuntu.com
Mon Nov 13 05:50:38 UTC 2006

On 11/13/06, Charles Yao <yaocharlesc at gmail.com> wrote:
> I need some advise, I'm going to use Ubuntu on our servers. Which of the
> two would you recommend? Im going to be using LAMP an

Hi Charles,

Ubuntu Server 6.06 is your best bet. Ubuntu Server 6.06 LTS (Long Term
Support) is specifically meant for servers that will be used over the
long term and is supported for 5 years. 6.06 will also likely be more
stable for what you need it for. 6.06 is also the platform that third
party vendors will be most likely to support if you use any third
party software like VMware Server for example.

Hope this helps,

Matt