My Serial mouse doesn't work

Marco Limas limas.marco at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 01:48:28 UTC 2006

Hi... i see you message on the ubuntu list about get working a serial mouse
on gnome,

if you use ubuntu get in to this directory:

$ cd /etc/X11/

then

$ sudo vim xorg.conf

this command wiil open a configuration text file, press "i" to modify.

now, go to section  "InputDevice" with de Identifier "Configured Mouse"

and modify the next line:

Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
Option          "Device"                "/dev/ttys0"

and

Option          "Protocol"              "ExplorerPS/2"
Option          "Protocol"              "Microsoft"

then restart X with crtl+alt+backspace, and it will work

i hope this help, if you need more help just say it and email me....

see you...