Edgy and Gnome

Felipe Figueiredo philsf at ufrj.br
Sun Nov 12 00:57:37 UTC 2006

Em Thursday 09 November 2006 06:07, Amichai Rotman escreveu:
> Hi all,
>
> Since upgrading to v6.10 (re-install, actually) My Gnome desktop sometimes
> hangs, especially when navigating inside folder on my ~ directory.

[snip]

> The most notable improvement I do have is speed. It seems to boot faster and
> work faster.

I use Kubuntu, and I upgraded (not reinstaleld) for edgy. I notice the
oposite: the boot is slower, and speed has not improved for general usage.

I also have the firefox freezes (that din't occur in dapper), even after
moving aside my whole ~/.mozilla . I only use default flash, java and acrobat
reader plugins. Note that my FF doesn't crash  it hangs for a couple of
minutes, then unhangs. It also appears to only hang once per session.

Maybe I should just re-install...

FF