"Xlib: Maximum number of clients reached"

Jan Moren jan.moren at lucs.lu.se
Sat Nov 11 15:07:31 UTC 2006

lör 2006-11-11 klockan 15:35 +0100 skrev Mario Vukelic:
> On Sat, 2006-11-11 at 21:49 +0900, Jan Moren wrote:
> >
> > Also, by the way, for some reason my swap space is not recognized by
> > default anymore; I need to run mkswap and swapon manually. No idea on
> > that either.
>
> Thanks for pointing that out, I seem to have this too on a newly
> installed Edgy. See
> https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/util-linux/+bug/66637

Ah, thanks. I'll se if that worked next time I reboot.

Meanwhile, that inspired me to actually search the bug database for my
xlib issue, not just flailing about ineffectively on google.

It turns out there's a report
( https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/firefox/+bug/70872) that
implicates firefox in the issue. And lo and behold, if I close down
firefox and restart it the problem disappears. So the stopgap solution
is to not have firefox running for more than a week or so at a time. I
can live with that.

--
Dr. Jan Morén (mr)
Japan:  090-3622 8920      jan.moren at lucs.lu.se