Installing Kubuntu without removing Win98 & WinXP

Francisco Borges f.borges at rug.nl
Sat Nov 11 14:13:56 UTC 2006

: On Sat, Nov 11, 2006 at 03:00PM +0100, Mario Vukelic wrote:

> On Sat, 2006-11-11 at 14:47 +0100, Mario Vukelic wrote:
> > This will take a long time
>
> After looking at my description I realize that depending on your
> situation it might be faster/easier to do a clean Kubuntu install.

I was about to mention the same.

Installing all Kubuntu packages of "Kubuntu 5.10", and then upgrade to
6.06 and then perhaps to "Kubuntu 6.10". Seems like much more work, than
just burning a "Kubuntu 6.10" CD image and installing it into the
partition occupied by the Ubuntu install.

Sumesh,

If you have a /home "partition", try to keep it. If you don't have /home
partition (as I suspect it's your case), all data in that diretory will
be lost. So you might want to backup it, if you want to preserve things
from it.

HTH,
--
Francisco