"Xlib: Maximum number of clients reached"

Jan Moren janne at mx5.canvas.ne.jp
Sat Nov 11 12:49:33 UTC 2006

After upgrading to Edgy I get the error:

"Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
Xlib: Maximum number of clients reached"

After a few days of use. I don't know what has changed in the upgrade to
cause this and after some googling I still don't know how to get around
what must be some changed limit somewhere in the system.

Any help on this would be very appreciated.

Also, by the way, for some reason my swap space is not recognized by
default anymore; I need to run mkswap and swapon manually. No idea on
that either.

--
Jan Morén
Japan:  090-3622 8920