procmail has stopped working
mdke at ubuntu.com
Fri Nov 10 21:48:53 UTC 2006
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Thanks David and Francisco for your replies.
* David Hart:
> I'm beginning to suspect that the mail isn't getting to procmail.
Yeah, me too. I don't know why though.
> You mentioned in your first post that you were 'fiddling around' before
> it stopped working. Can you rememeber what it was that you were doing?
I was playing with the recipes by copying them onto my computer using
nautilus (ftp) and copying them back. It occurs to me maybe that
something has gone screwy with the permissions, although I wouldn't
recognise the problem if I saw it, I suppose. Here they are:
Relevant files in ~ are:
- -rw------- 1 mdke pg596143 154 2006-11-04 07:57 .forward.postfix
- -rw-rw-rw- 1 mdke pg596143 456 2006-11-10 13:42 .procmailrc
- -rw-rw-rw- 1 mdke pg596143 229 2006-11-10 00:09 bounces.rc
- -rw-rw-rw- 1 mdke pg596143 118 2006-11-10 00:09 bugmail.rc
- -rw------- 1 mdke pg596143 76646 2006-11-09 00:06 log
- -rw-rw-rw- 1 mdke pg596143 1311 2006-11-10 00:09 mailinglists.rc
- -rw-rw-rw- 1 mdke pg596143 149 2006-11-10 00:09 misc.rc
- -rw-rw-rw- 1 mdke pg596143 282 2006-11-10 00:08 postspam.rc
- -rw-rw-rw- 1 mdke pg596143 254 2006-11-10 00:08 spam.rc
> How is procmail called - directly from your MTA through its config
> or via ~/.forward or what? Have you checked your MTA's logs to see what
> it's doing with the mail.
It's called from ~/.forward.postfix (I am using dreamhost hosting). For
completeness, it says:
"| /usr/bin/procmail -t"
> Have you, as Francisco in another post suggested, checked places like
> /var/mail/user or wherever the default spool file for your MTA is?
I can't find anything useful in those places, and I don't think that I
have access to the mail log files.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.3 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the ubuntu-users