Xen on Edgy

ruscook ruscook_oz at yahoo.com.au
Fri Nov 10 20:20:47 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-11-10 at 12:25 +0100, Mario Vukelic wrote:

> On Fri, 2006-11-10 at 11:09 +0100, Felipe Alfaro Solana wrote:
> > the truth is that some
> > drivers and components may be different when running in native mode
> > and under VMware.
>
> I haven't treid this myself, but isn't this why the page explains that
> you have to set up different hardware profiles in Windows prior to doing
> this?

Exactly! I did this and it's fiddly and it broke easily. The problem
being, my family members just didn't understand the profiles, loaded the
wrong ones for the environment they were using and broke windows. I now
do separate installations and mount common directories/drives on the
local machine to access data across instances. More work to setup,
easier to maintain when others are involved.

Kind Regards Russell
www.windsorcycles.com.au
sales at windsorcycles.com.au
ph. 02 4577 3209