missing /proc/acpi/ibm/dock under edgy

Marius Gedminas marius at pov.lt
Fri Nov 10 13:21:37 UTC 2006

On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 03:22:37PM -0500, Jaime Davila wrote:
> I'm trying to troubleshoot a couple of problems with my thinkpad x40,
> under edgy. At least some of the problems seem to have to do with the
> fact that there is no /proc/acpi/ibm/dock file. The /proc/acpi/ibm does
> exist, and has other files in it, though. Who creates that file? Can I
> create it manually (I think the answer is no, since I tried touching it
> or editing it with vi, with no luck).

The IBM-ACPI-specific docking support has been integrated with the
generic kernel dock infrastructure.  Instead of /proc/acpi/ibm/dock you
should now use something else.  I don't know what exactly, as I've never
used a dock.

http://mailman.linux-thinkpad.org/pipermail/linux-thinkpad/2006-November/037018.html

Marius Gedminas
--
Q:  How many IBM CPU's does it take to execute a job?