new to ubuntu; have a few questions

F.J.Zhao fuziok at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 16:54:35 UTC 2006

rm -rf /, for example. The command run as root will try to delete all
the files in the system without any prompt. Several days ago, a friend
of me logined his system as root and tried to delect a file in /etc.
But his made a mistake in typing before he pressed enter key. It was
too late when he found that, and he had to reinstall the whole system.