Edgy and Gnome

Roger Neth Jr baypos at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 16:13:37 UTC 2006

On 11/9/06, Amichai Rotman <amichai at iglu.org.il> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Since upgrading to v6.10 (re-install, actually) My Gnome desktop sometimes
> hangs, especially when navigating inside folder on my ~ directory.
>
> Also, the new Firefox crashes a lot (the previous version on 6.06 didn't
> crash at all). Even when I only had 5 windows open on different pages from
> the Ubuntu Community Docs site.
>
> The most notable improvement I do have is speed. It seems to boot faster
> and work faster.
>
> All console (CLI) apps work great (as usual).
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Should I switch back to Dapper?
>
> TIA
>

> --
> :====================================================:.
>
> Amichai Rotman

Hello Amichal,

I did a fresh install of Edgy instead of upgrade from Dapper and haven't had
any issues  as you described.

I too noticed improvement in boot speed and like the Firefox  2.0 and
gnucash  2.0.1.

Also the Edgy server works on my IBM x220  dual P3 CPU that Dapper would not
run on.

Thanks to Mark Shuttleworth, Ubuntu developers, support, community and
users.

Roger Neth Jr.

John 1:14