Which USB portable player to purchase?

Blake Smith blithe at silenceisdefeat.org
Thu Nov 9 16:12:08 UTC 2006

Hey there,

I have a Cowon audio X5L. I've been very happy with it so far. It mounts
the player just like it's an external drive - You can drag and drop
anything onto it with an directory structure you want, or even use MC to
manage your tunes. It has a colorscreen and can play video (Only use
this  feature in a real pinch). It also supports OGG vorbis, FLAC, and
has an amazing battery life (Roughly 20-30 hours depending on extremity
of useage). It has a nice black outer finish and feels nice in your hands.

Give it a look. http://www.cowonamerica.com/

-Blake

On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 09:43:23AM -0800, derek1948 wrote:

> Duncan Lithgow wrote:
> >
> > Alligator wrote:
> >
> >>A dilemma, I bought a LG - Ubuntu would not recognize it. Next a Sony
> >>walkman network, it works up to the point of pressing play "No Data", so
> >>Sony decodes mp3. What should I purchase that works?  I want a small
> >>device not an iPod, something around 512M. Tell me what works for you!
> >>

> > I bought a xcent xt-100, not only does it work well, it even
> > _advertises_ the fact that it is supported under linux and supports ogg
> > vorbis format.
> >
> > I'm very happy with it.
> >
> > Duncan
> >
> > --