Edgy Upgrade Error

Steve Flynn anothermindbomb at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 14:51:49 UTC 2006

On 01/11/06, Dan P <dnp60 at cox.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to upgrade from Dapper using the gksu "update-manager -c" . I
> get the following error: Any idea what the problem is?
>
> Failed to fetch
> http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/dapper-updates/universe/binary-i386/Packages.gzSub-process gzip returned an error code (1)

The file
http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/dapper-updates/universe/binary-i386/Packages.gzcertainly
exists, as I've just viewed it. Can you browse it in your web
browsing package? The error messages indicates that it could not be
retrieved from the repository (although the error message could be
misleading). Step 1 would be to make sure your machine can view that package
list.

--
Steve
Despair - It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black...