Ubuntu thinks Firefox is running when it isn't.

Constantine Evans constantine at evanslabs.org
Thu Nov 9 09:27:11 UTC 2006

You probably had Firefox crash in a particularly unfortunate way, or had
a power failure, which left the lock file in your Firefox profile. If
you delete the lock file, which is ~/.mozilla/firefox/{garbled nonsense
here}.default/lock, then Firefox should run again.

Incidentally, does anyone know why Firefox has the hash for the
directory first, which breaks tab completion?

Constantine